Thursday, September 13, 2012

Opening Week

Well, here it is: my first composition blog of the year. Admittedly it was the fact that today is the day I will have to present the first part of my first assignment to the class which booted me into gear, however, I've successfully completed the work all the same. Much of my week-- well, pretty much the entirety of the past two weeks has been taken up by preparing for the opening of Grease (The Musical!) at the Arts and Culture, which happened last night. It's been a crazy two weeks, but so worth it! Anyways, this blog is not about my love of musicals or theatre, it's about comp. So, more of that:

The first part of Assignment 1 of this year was to write a series of 12-16 chords. I wrote 12, simply because I believe I had over-ambiguously exhausted limit of progressive harmonic tension throughout the series by the fourth chord. I went a little overboard with the chords.. which I admit was really hard to do atonally because the whole time I just wanted to resolve everything. I feel like mine is a little strange--but then again, it's atonal. I guess we'll see once I get to the seminar today.

No comments:

Post a Comment