Monday, November 26, 2012

the craziness that is final week

well finally.

today I had a perfect opportunity to get some work done and boy did I ever.
straight 10-5 just about working on composing and actually got into a good flow and believe it or not I went from 45s to 3 minutes (mapped, not totally transcribed).

there's still a couple of holes which I'll have to fill, and soon, but I'm happy with how the day went.
it's hard particularly because I am a little restricted in what I write mainly because of how little time there is to finish it and how little time there is until the piece is to be played. basically I have to make this nearly readable, which means that the atonality is flying out the window a little. besides, to really make parts of it effective that pull just has to be there. i'm recontextualizing--I don't want to get too abstract.

though, I probably should have devoted my day to doing my score study for tomorrow. which is actually due tomorrow, and worth 15%. and not a small assignment I might add. which is why it is 3am and I'm basically half done.

but yeah, this composing thing. gotta say I love good days. I just hope I get the chance to sleep for at least a couple of hours before school in the am. fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, 45s to 3 mins is sweet for one day's work! Though 10-5's a rough go. I know that I can never compose when I'm super tired. I recommend those couple hours of sleep, and surely when you wake up, you'll be fresh with ideas!

    ReplyDelete